I love our ייַזקרעם maker. So, as I’m trying to eat healthier and not having milk right now, I decided it was time to try frozen yogurt. And, of course, the first time had to be טרוסקאַווקע.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 2/3 טעפּל צוקער
- 2 teaspoons of vodka (optional)
- 1 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- נויט פון זאַלץ
- זאַפט פון אַ האַלב לימענע
- Toss the strawberries with sugar and vodka in a medium bowl. Let sit for about an hour, stirring every ten minutes. The sugar should dissolve, and the strawberries will release some heavenly juices.
- Puree the strawberry mixture in a blender with yogurt, salt, and lemon juice until smooth. Cover with lid and refrigerate for about 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s directions and serve. It can be served immediately or frozen to be used later. Will harden a bit more in the freezer.